Friday, May 23, 2008

Here I am!

So I've gone and done it. I'm a blogger. I never thought I'd be doing something like this. I've always been so quiet and shy, now here I am, post to the world.

Anyway, this will probably be rants about work, life, more work, etc. I'll put on here what I'm up to, both at work, and in my personal explorations.

As for me professionally, I work fulltime as a software developer for a small futures market analysis and consultation firm (sorry guys, no free advertising). I am also joint owner of a networking and software company. Most of the rants will probably be about that. My own company, JTS Technologies, is really up in the air right now, so there is plenty to rant about.

Personally, I'm 26, live in New Mexico (it's okay to drink the water, I'm still in the USA), have a girlfriend of 3 years, a wonderfully cute 2 year old daughter, and two cats. At my day job I have two computers, one with dual monitors. At home I have 4 computers and a server tower (specs follow) a PS2 and a Zune.

Home Computers:
1) 2.2 Ghz dual core Pentium, dual boot windows vista and Xubuntu 8.04, 750 GB hard drive (500 to windows, 250 to ubuntu) dual widescreen lcd monitors
2) water cooled XP pro 1.7 GHz dual 19" CRT
3) crash machine, bare bones, don't remember how fast, been through so many linux flavors
4) XP pro, Hewlett Packard, don't know any more than that, was my GF's old computer, I haven't looked at what I can do with it yet
5) server tower, 15 SCSI hard drives, 4 media bay fans, don't know how fast, I think it's running Windows Server 2000.

I guess that's all for now. Next post will probably b about the software projects I'm currently working on for my day job, for JTS Tech., as a freelancer, and, if there's any time left, my own projects and experiments.