Monday, June 16, 2008

Don't Forget the Sigler

Alas, JC Hutchins and Scott Sigler seem to be having a feud. The last few posts have made clear I'm a fan of JC Hutchins and his 7th Son trilogy. But I'm also listening to the podiobook Infected by Scott Sigler. I couldn't leave Sigler out of the postings, so here is a post just for him (you're still mentioned Hutchins, don't worry).

Infected is a novel about an outbreak of an never before seen, voracious disease. But unlike other outbreak novels, this disease if different. It starts innocently enough as an itch and a rash, but then becomes something more. I've never heard of a concept like this in any other sci-fi works, and I don't want to give anything away, but this novel has blown my socks off, and I'm only half-way through. Like 7th Son, Infected is the beginning of a trilogy, and I can't wait to see what Sigler has in store for the other two books.

I've heard Infected is in the very early stages of becoming a movie, which would be awesome! It will be years yet, but hopefully worth the wait. I just hope they pick a good crew. Feel free to comment on ideas on who he director and actors should be. Maybe we can influence General Siglerismo to hear the little people.

PS: I should have pointed this out before, but both 7th Son and Infected are intended for mature audiences only. 7th Son has swearing, lots of action, and some suggestive themes, and Infected has, in the words of Sigler himself, "lots, and lots of violence." Yes, gore. Just thought you should be warned.

No comments: